With a little planning, your gifts can make a significant difference well beyond our lifetimes.
A gift to the church through an individual’s will or estate plan can be a meaningful testament to one’s faith, an inspiration to family and friends and a force for life-changing ministry in the world.
A couple common opportunities to consider:
- Tithe your estate. Old traditions call for tithing for the weekly offertory at 10% of your weekly income. Making a 10% gift to the church from your estate can do a lot of good.
- Declare a dollar amount to be left to the church.
- Unrestricted Gifts:
- Our parish ministries and needs are ever-changing. We must direct our funds where the parish needs are most pressing. Unrestricted gifts give your church the liberty in using the funds as they deem fit.
- Restricted Gifts:
- You have every right to declare your gift to be used for a particular purpose such as education (Parish School of Religion, Youth Group, and adult enrichment opportunities); music; capital improvements; etc.
- If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call or email Fr. Dennis. We are happy to help.